Sugar Bowl Resort is looking for Massage Therapists to provide massages in a clean and relaxing atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and support staff
- Ability to respond effectively to changing demands
- Degree/License for Massage Therapy as required by the state of California
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years experience in massage therapy as well as customer service
- Must be positive, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel to clients residences
- Must have cell phone in order to be contacted in case a booking occurs
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for keeping the spa clean, organized, and sanitized
- Therapist need to keep track of linens as well as any additional inventory at the spa
- The Therapist must be able to work with people and have a positive attitude
- Clients receiving massages deserve a stress-free relaxing atmosphere
- Promoting and Marketing the Spa
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments
- Multitasking in various situations
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other regulations
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence; to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
- Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to; stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay $18-$21/hour dependent on experience.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.