North Tahoe-Truckee Homeless Services, a subsidiary of AMI Housing, Inc., is seeking 2 full-time Service Coordinators to work in our Truckee and Kings Beach offices. One Service Coordinator is a hybrid position, providing direct case management services to tenants residing in our permanent supportive housing program in Kings Beach and providing direct case management services to individuals and families who are unhoused or at risk of becoming unhoused, focusing on helping them achieve housing stability. One Service Coordinator will work 100% out of the Truckee office providing case management services solely to the unhoused community. Service Coordinators uses Housing First, Harm Reduction and Motivational Interviewing models of case management that are client driven, solution focused and facilitate change and movement toward greater stability and well-being. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to home visits, intakes, tracking of services, and assisting in program development.
***Bilingual Service Coordinator: $1.00 per hour differential. Specializes in providing case management services to clients and families who speak Spanish as a primary language. May be occasionally asked to support the broader Community Services department with translating/interpreting in Spanish and English ***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides case management to individuals participating in homeless housing programs.
- Conducts intakes and provides assessments.
- Maintains confidential case notes on each individual client.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationship with other agencies and service providers.
- Serves as link between client and resources.
- Provides reporting and tracking information for data management systems.
- Determines client eligibility for homeless housing services.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, agency and/or funder guidelines.
- Assists in program development work.
- Attend weekly meetings as needed.
- Supervision with Clinical Social Worker
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services related field REQUIRED
- 2+ years experience with case management in social service employment setting, and a working knowledge of issues and resources in relation to housing services for low-income households preferred.
- Experience working with persons living with mental illness preferred.
- Experience working with persons experiencing chronic homelessness preferred.
- Experience working with persons struggling with problematic substance use preferred.
Bilingual skills strongly preferred. Be able to speak and read with fluency and proficiency in Spanish/English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current vehicle insurance and a valid CA state driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Possesses good “people skills” and is comfortable working within a collaborative work setting. Has a natural ability to show compassion and empathy while also being firm, fair and consistent in upholding the guidelines of North Tahoe-Truckee Homeless Services. Modifies words and actions by gauging individual needs and the state of mind of guests/clients.
Understands implicitly how to de-escalate situations to encourage the best possible outcome.
Uses a computer to access, input, and retrieve work-related information and to prepare written documents.
Work is generally performed in a fast–paced office environment with frequent interruptions and occasional crises. Frequent home visits off site. Frequently requires travel within the agency’s service areas for home visits, community resource networking, meetings, special workshops, speaking engagements and other job related professional activities.
Fingerprints, drug and alcohol testing, and criminal background checks are required pre-employment.
AMIH is an equal opportunity and drug free employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Candidates must be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus, per state mandate.
- Case management: 2 years (Required)
- Homeless outreach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mental health services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual-English/Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person