JOB TITLE: Supervisor – Lead Teacher
Little Gems is expanding operations and opening up an additional location. We are seeking qualified teachers to help us with infant care through preschool ages.
Waldorf in the early years of childhood honors the young child and their play. We are honoring childhood and supporting the child’s social and emotional growth so that they become secure in themselves, and in turn become secure learners.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Lead Teacher carries the class through the daily routine and schedule and is supported by an assistant teacher. Lead teacher is responsible for communication between parents, maintaining the daily routine and establishing monthly curriculum.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety
- Create Monthly curriculum for stories, songs, circles, arts and crafts
- Facilitate children in free play
- Create and maintain daily schedule
- Communicate with Parents/ Guardians at pick up and drop off
- Use DRDP to assess children twice per year
- Hold parent/teacher conferences
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- BA or higher (does not have to be in ECE/CD) with
- 12 units of ECE/CD (1-Human Development, 2-Curriculum, and 3-Child/Family/and Community)
- plus 3 units supervised field experience in ECE/CD setting;
- 24 ECE/CD units with core courses**
- 16 GE units*
- plus 6 administration units
- plus 2 adult supervision units
(See Title 22 regulations 101216.1 for more information)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current CPR/First Aid certification – 8 hours of EMSA certified CPR/First Aid
- At least six months of experience working in a licensed childcare center
- Mandated Reporter Training certificate
- Pass a Live Scan Background check
- Organizational, communication and listening skills
- Dedication to working with young children.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must be in good physical health and pass a TB test.
- Must comply with California State immunization laws – Minimum immunization record to include measles, pertussis, current influenza vaccination between Aug 1 and Dec 1 of each year