Lifeguards hold a highly visible position so friendliness and professionalism are a must. This position ensures all water health and safety standards are maintained while attentively monitoring members and guests in and around the Aquatics Facility. Lifeguards are responsible for daily pool operations, cleanliness, and all pool opening and closing duties. Lifeguards support all facility programs, activities and special events for members, guests, and prospects while providing top-tier service and safety.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and fun Family Barn Aquatics Facility.
- Enforce Club rules of safety and conduct.
- Greet and register all members, guests, and prospects.
- Maintain timely rotations while actively scanning pool areas for swimmers at all times to ensure safety.
- Administer care to swimmers’ minor injuries, such as small cuts and bruises.
- Monitor first aid supplies and record needed items.
- Organize and monitor pool games at all times while also suggesting pool-side games.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the pool deck and turf areas and of all pool furniture and umbrellas throughout each day.
- Prepare pool deck for daily operations by placing safety equipment on the pool deck as well as the lifeguard chairs in the morning; return this equipment and all swimming aids and pool toys to the pool storage yard at closure.
- Maintain amenities and cleanliness of locker rooms, restrooms, and showers.
- Maintain pool towel par levels- clean, fold, stock and deliver towels.
- Perform required pool pre-opening and closing duties.
- Vacuum pool bottom, empty skimmer, skim bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use.
- Maintain all necessary records concerning pool attendance, injury reports and incident reports.
- Communicate well with Aquatics Coordinator, fellow lifeguards, and other teammates.
- Attend all trainings & meetings,
- Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned.
- Ability to safely retrieve someone from the swimming pool (child or adult).
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to walk and stand up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to safely bend, kneel, twist, grip, and carry as part of above duties.
- Ability to swim 500 meters.
- Current Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate. Reimbursement for certification available if taken within 6 months of hire date.
POSITION DATE RANGE:
Preferred availability is from May 16th – September 6th, including weekends and holidays. Must also attend all mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
PAY RANGE: $19.00 – 20.50 per hour
*Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer.
**Martis Camp maintains a drug-free workplace. The successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check is required.