Lifeguards implement all water safety policies and procedures and attentively supervise members and guests in and around the swimming pools at the Pavilion. Lifeguards are responsible for daily pool operations and all pool opening and closing duties. Lifeguards support all facility programs, activities and special events for members, guests, and prospects while providing top-tier service and safety.
Preferred availability starting from May 16th – available weekends and holidays
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Oversee and observe swimmers at all times to ensure their safety.
• Enforce rules of conduct at the pool.
• Administer care to swimmers’ minor injuries, such as small cuts and bruises.
• Monitor first aid supplies and record needed items.
• Prepare Pool Deck for daily operations by placing safety equipment on the pool deck and lifeguard chairs in the morning; return this equipment and all swimming aids and pool toys to the pool storage yard at closure.
• Perform required pool pre-opening and closing duties.
• Maintain all necessary records.
• Communicate well with Aquatics Coordinator, fellow lifeguards, and other teammates.
• Attends all trainings & meetings.
• Perform other appropriate tasks assigned.
• Pre-employment background screen
• Ability to safely retrieve someone from the swimming pool (child or adult)
• Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time
• Ability to walk and stand up to 3 hours at a time
• Ability to safely bend, kneel, twist, grip, and carry as part of above duties
• Current Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate
Tahoe Mountain Club is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
You must sign in to apply for this position.