The role of the Housekeeper is all important to the experience had by both Members and Ambassadors. Their primary responsibility is to thoroughly maintain the cleanliness of all areas of Martis Camp, both front and back-of-house. A Housekeeper has a vigilant eye for any maintenance or cleaning needs, and attends to or communicates all needs as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation in all back-of-house areas and Member areas, including restrooms, public spaces, restaurants, outlets, offices, and facilities.
- Ensure all assigned areas of Martis Camp are clean, neat, and tidy.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to the Housekeeping Manager or Lead Housekeeper, including issues related to all furniture, fittings, and equipment.
- Be involved in and contribute to team meetings.
- Follow detailed worksheet for cabin cleaning.
- Complete inventory of cabin cupboards on form provided, communicating information on any missing items to the Housekeeping Manager of Lead Housekeeper.
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty all trash and recycling.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust all surfaces of furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Drive vehicles as required to perform cleaning tasks around the property. This includes cars, vans, and golf carts.
- Carefully follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
- Always adhere to workplace and OSHA safety measures and be familiar with the location of our MSDS binder.
- Promptly bring lost & found items from around the property to the Concierge desk.
- Work in the laundry, including sorting, laundering, drying, and folding of various departments linens, robes, towels, and other softgoods.
- Maintain regular communication with other Housekeeping Team members via radio.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping cleaning practices.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and other personnel.
- Ideally possesses a high level of attention to detail.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a housekeeping role.
- Current drivers license with clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to twist, kneel, bend, and stoop repeatedly when cleaning.
WAGE RANGE: $22.50 – $23.50 per hour
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer.