This is a one-year grant-funded position for Head of Learning Innovation at KidZone Museum, a children’s museum in Truckee, CA that runs September 2023 to September 2024 approximately. Candidate will create a comprehensive curriculum for the museum’s new Seed to Sprout informal science education program in our new facility in 2025.
We have an opportunity to chart a fresh vision for the next chapter of the KidZone Museum and become a hub of learning and inspiration that sparks a sense of wonder for the natural world and activates communities to protect it.
We are seeking a visionary education leader with the ability to strategically scale programs to expand and enhance the KidZone Museum’s impact on the way children learn.
The Job Overview
Develop a holistic program that requires community input that influences the development of a broad-based science and art program.
Collaborate with the museum staff, stakeholder groups, scientists and educators and environmental agencies and organizations with the needed space designs.
Work closely with the development team for the new outdoor nature space and exhibits
Using strategies from Exploratorium in San Francisco, use Cambio knowledge to develop culturally relevant STEM programs for our Latino community.
Specific Project Management:
- Curriculum Project: Organize meetings, communication, and reports. Creates a high-level document that includes an education plan for the new facility; including specific program design and all information on implementing the programs (costs, materials, staffing, grants etc.) Deliverable: a comprehensive plan for science and art education to the museum team to implement.
- DEIA Project: Managing the creation of a DEIA plan that can be used to create equitable access for all programs. Deliverable: a DEIA plan to the museum team to implement.
- Great Outdoor Project: Facilitate the museum team in creating learning and play spaces in the outdoor area. Manage the installation of the Great Outdoors natural play space installation.
- A teaching credential is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in increasingly responsible education-related positions
- Work independently
- Excellent Google Suite and Microsoft Office skills
- Responsible for developing strategy, vision, and oversight of new education programs
- Proven track record of developing and implementing high-quality, educational programs for various audiences
- The candidate possesses extensive expertise in child development and is well-versed in the field of educating children with diverse learning abilities and styles.
- Highly developed leadership, entrepreneurial, decision-making, and people skills
- Proven ability to conceptualize and analyze problems and solutions in a proactive, constructive, and creative manner
- Ability to forge and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Background in environmental science or a similar field is a plus but not required
- Spanish speaker is a preferred