The General Manager is responsible for oversight of all aspects of daily operations for Alibi Ale Works – Truckee including financial management, staffing, customer service and general operations. The ideal candidate is a strong leader and is knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer. He/She provides exceptional customer service, has excellent communications and management skills, and is very detail oriented. The General Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
Alibi Ale Works – Truckee Public House was recently voted Best Brewery, Best Bar, Best Night Scene and Best Beer Selection in the Sierra Sun’s Best of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee for 2022.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Managing in accordance with Alibi Ale Works Employee Handbook, Standard Operating Procedures and performance expectations
• Reviewing financial performance relative to established budgets on a weekly basis and carrying out changes in operations as needed
• Assisting in hiring and training staff
• Maintaining accountability, performance and positive company culture of individual staff and overall team, including performance reviews, coaching and disciplinary action
• Scheduling of all staff to ensure appropriate staffing levels and labor efficiency
• Periodic updating of SOPs and daily checklists
• Maintaining compliance for a safe, clean working environment, including occupancy levels
• Ensuring effective use of POS system, including updates to product offerings
• Overseeing inventory tracking, purchasing, vendor interaction and deliveries
• Educating staff and customers on beer and food selections
• Occasionally representing Alibi Ale Works at outside events
• Assisting in marketing, social media, business promotion
• Maintaining orderly merchandise displays
• Promoting Alibi Ale Works brand, tracking customer feedback to improve service
• Jumping in and helping staff wherever needed, including bartending, serving, bussing, cooking, dishwashing, etc.
• On call, as needed
5 years prior experience in Food and Beverage industry
Must be able to read, write and speak English
High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience with cash handling, developing budgets and managing to those budgets
Experience hiring, scheduling, training, coaching and disciplining staff
Exceptional time management skills
Team-oriented, flexible, and can work independently
Ability to effectively communicate to guests, owners and co-workers
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to stand and walk up to 8 hrs at a time
Must be able to work busy periods and regularly assigned shifts
Must provide two satisfactory professional references
Professional appearance and demeanor
2 years prior experience in Food and Beverage Management
Experience in start-up businesses
Special event management
Certifications in related industry preferred, i.e. Cicerone
Craft beer knowledge and appreciation, extended knowledge of beer a plus
Prior job experience in a brewery or beer-focused bar
Takes initiative for self-development in areas of craft beer, food and hospitality
Fun community-centric work environment. Health Insurance. Vacation and sick pay. Growing company with an amazing team! Free beer!
Employment Status: Exempt, Year Round, Salary commensurate with experience
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check. Must have Alcohol Serving Certification and ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 year of age.
You must sign in to apply for this position.