The Lodge Restaurant & Pub is an award-winning neighborhood bistro with plenty of outdoor seating and spectacular views. They offer a hand-picked wine selection and craft cocktail menu as well as serve local and organic meat and produce. Work at a place that combines great food with outdoor adventures, like-minded friends and a competitive paycheck.
REASONS TO WORK AT TAHOE DONNER ASSOCIATION:
• Competitive wages
• Great benefits for full-time, year-round employees such as, 90% employer-paid health insurance and 401(k) with 4% employer matching + 100% vesting on first day of eligibility
• A fun, friendly and supportive work environment
• Free downhill and cross-country skiing for you and your qualified dependents
• Gym + spa access at the Trout Creek Rec Center for you and your qualified dependents
• Food and merchandise discounts
Under the direction of the Sous Chef and Executive Chef, the Cook II/III prepares a variety of food items. The Cook II/III is also responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and business partners.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Association rules and enforce them accordingly.
• Keep facility clean and free of hazards, debris, and trash. This aspect of the job often includes other custodial duties.
• Cook foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
• Clean and maintain all kitchen appliances and surfaces.
• Take inventory as necessary.
Range: Min $18.84 Mid $22.42 Max $26.00 (DOE)
• Must be able to execute precise knife skills keeping food prepared by dice or julienne the same size for even cooking.
• Must be able to work proficiently in the entry level stations (pantry and fryer).
• Must be able to cook to the correct temperatures all griddle top menu items and must know the temperatures on hamburgers (R MR M MW W).
• Must be able to work the griddle, pantry or deep fryer during peak periods while maintaining the quality and consistency of the food as set by The Lodge.
Range: Min $20.77 Mid $24.72 Max $28.66 (DOE)
• Must have precise knife skills including some butchering skills with fish and steaks.
• Must know temperatures for meat, fish and steaks and be able to produce a properly cooked product, at all times, especially during very busy peak periods.
• Must master all of The Lodge’s cooking stations: pantry, broiler, sauté, fryer, griddle.
• Must be familiar with The Lodge prep kitchen and be able to step in on prep work during non-peak periods. Must be able to read and follow recipes, including baked items.
• Must be able to lead the line on a regular basis. In the absence of the Chef and Sous Chef, will be asked to take charge of the tickets and the flow of dinner service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training in the food and beverage industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
You must sign in to apply for this position.