Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President/COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Year-Round
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant provides professional-level support for the President/COO (P/COO) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT). This is a highly responsible administrative and professional role that requires a high degree of accuracy, accountability, attention to detail, initiative, and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant is given considerable freedom; however, all work is subject to review by the P/COO. This is an on-site position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Essential Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the P/COO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Conserves the P/COO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence: drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications.
- Contributes to SLT meetings to assure efficiency and effectiveness by preparing the agenda and support materials, recording minutes, and participating to provide relevant information.
- Oversees the Community Relations and Philanthropy department and supervises the Social Responsibility Coordinator.
- Participates in the annual resort budgeting and business planning process. Responsible for development and fiscal oversite of the Executive and Philanthropy department budget.
- Works independently on projects and initiatives assigned by the S/COO.
- Serves as a communications link between the P/COO and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Alterra Mountain Company peers, resort conference planners, and events team for onsite events and meetings.
- During busy times, may be requested to assist any department with immediate needs.
Office management duties include:
- Maintains a warm, hospitable, and professional executive office environment.
- Orders general office supplies, maintains electronic and hardcopy records, maintains copy machine and video conference systems, organizes common areas in the executive suite.
- Coordinates the coding and authorization of invoices, credit card statements, and expense reimbursements for payment.
- Administers Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) applications for the resort.
Competencies and Job Requirements
- Communicates Well – Effectively delivers messaging tailored to a variety of internal and external audiences. Actively listens to others and incorporates diverse viewpoints into communications. Has excellent in-person, written, and phone communication skills.
- Takes Initiative – Proactively seeks to drive for results and tackle challenges. Has a go-getter attitude and is able to make quick, informed decisions. Works with autonomy and exercises resourcefulness, problem-solving, excellent judgment, and attention to detail.
- Understands the Business – Uses industry and company expertise to advance the company’s goals and values while enhancing the employee and guest experience.
- Flexes and Adapts – Is able to quickly adjust to new information and respond to changing priorities or circumstances. Has excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities with frequent interruptions. Maintains composure under pressure.
- Innovates – Seeks and embraces new ideas and processes to help the P/COO and company succeed. Thinks critically and solves challenges as they arise.
- Professionalism – Handles sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion. Maintains composure and a positive, helpful attitude in a busy office that is sometimes high-pressure.
- Computer Literate – Competent in Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Sharepoint.
Competent in resort systems including RTP, WorkDay, UKG and MS D365
Experience applying for ABC catering applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear.
- Must be capable of walking or standing 50% or more of a normal 8-hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Must be capable of occasionally squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, and balancing, able to climb ladders and shovel snow.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasional blizzards and extreme storm conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Computer, cell phone, video conferencing equipment.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
Three (3) years minimum experience supporting a senior level executive.
A degree in Business Administration or equivalent
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Base salary range: $66,650-$89,460 per year
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades Tahoe
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits
For information on Alterra Mountain Company’s Social Responsibility work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please see our webpage at www.alterramtnco.com/social-responsibility. Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color), disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our workforce.