Tahoe Mountain Club Overview: Tahoe Mountain Club is a vibrant Social Club located in Truckee, California, dedicated to crafting memorable mountain experiences for members and guests. Nestled minutes away from Lake Tahoe, our Club operates various facilities, including golf courses, fitness centers, ski valet, and dining venues, offering a diverse range of services such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, banquets, weddings, and group golf functions. Anchored by its two world class championship golf courses, the TMC Special Events Team is responsible for executing more than 40 full service events each season.
Position Overview: We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Group Golf & Special Events Coordinator to join our team. The position will have primary responsibility for planning and executing all group golf events as well as a limited number of small special events including small corporate and wedding events. The ideal candidate will have a passion for special events, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to create unforgettable experiences for our clients. As a Group Golf & Special Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating and executing group golf and small special events from conception to completion, ensuring that every detail is executed flawlessly. This role is equal parts planning/client support and on-site execution/day-of event coordination.
Competencies and Requirements: Required:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, across all organizational levels.
- Customer/client service experience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a resourceful, can-do attitude.
- Critical thinking and quick decision-making capabilities under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, including Salesforce, Event Pro, Fore Up, 3D Event Designer, and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Confidence and expertise in interacting with clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift heavy object and support event setup in a hands on fashion.
- Neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
- Primary – Support Director of Group Golf Sales with client communication and event coordination
- Secondary – Collaborate with the Event Manager to coordinate and plan various small events, including weddings, corporate functions, and social gatherings.
- Detail events using tools like EventPro and 3Devent Designer.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their event goals, preferences, and budget.
- Select suitable menus, services and venues that align with client expectations.
- Create event proposals, including budgets, timelines, and event outlines.
- Respond promptly to client inquiries via email or phone calls.
- Work with Clients to select and arrange tee times, golf carts, equipment rentals, and catering services.
- Develop a Banquet Event Order for each event defining all golf, retail, room setups and food & beverage services to be delivered during the event.
- Monitor event timelines, ensure deadlines are met, and conduct daily walkthroughs of event spaces.
- Coordinate with TMC Golf and Food & Beverage departments to schedule service and food & beverage delivery.
On-Site Event Execution:
- Oversee the setup, registration, and coordination of activities on event day.
- Present on site to greet clients at events and ensure proper set up and execution.
- Act as the point of contact for clients, participants, and TMC departments and staff.
- Address any issues or emergencies that may arise during the event.
- Interact with the accounting department to ensure timely receipt of deposits and payments.
- Collect feedback from clients and participants to assess event success.
- Conduct post-event meetings with the Event Manager to discuss the event’s success and areas for improvement.
- Evaluate budget performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide recommendations for future events.
- Distribute service surveys and thank-you notes to clients.
- Report to Director of Event Sales for day-to-day direction and development. Primary responsibility to support Director of Club Sales executing seamless group golf events, ensuring client satisfaction, and driving TMC revenue. Collaborate closely with the Banquet & Events team to achieve overall event success and contribute to the growth of Tahoe Mountain Club’s event services.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club’s operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks, not specifically addressed above.
*Tahoe Mountain Club (Tahoe Club Company, LLC and Tahoe Club Employee Company, Inc.) maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law. Harassment or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated, and any employee found to have engaged in such conduct will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. *