Working as a cook for Tahoe Donner Association is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is passionate about food and loves working in a dynamic and supportive team environment. Tahoe Donner Association is known for its supportive and inclusive work culture, and our team members are always eager to help one another out. As a cook, you’ll work closely with the entire team to ensure that every meal is a success.
The following locations are looking for experienced cooks and can potentially offer dorm-style housing!
Perks include access to Pools, Gym, Beach Club Marina, Tennis, Golf, retail & F&B discounts.
$1,000 BONUS PAID UPON COMPLETION OF 30 SHIFTS.
The Lodge Restaurant is an award-winning neighborhood bistro with plenty of outdoor seating and spectacular views. They offer a hand-picked wine selection and craft cocktail menu as well as serve local and organic meat and produce.
T-9 GRILL ON THE GOLF COURSE
The T-9 Grill offers golfers a great range of tasty food options for breakfast and lunch plus a full bar.
PIZZA ON THE HILL
A place for fun, Pizza on the Hill brings together delicious food, reasonable prices and fun activities. The menu features options for the entire family, including pizza, appetizers, fresh salads, pasta and sandwiches.
ALDER CREEK CAFE
Alder Creek Cafe, located in Alder Creek Adventure Center, is known for delicious, healthy options featuring seasonal and organic ingredients. The Trailside Bar offers a variety of unique draft and bottled beers and a diverse wine list.
BEACH CLUB MARINA & GRILL
Enjoy lakeside dining at Marina Grill or kick back and relax on one of our many lounge chairs for our private, members-only beach at Donner Lake.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and business partners.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the Association rules and enforce them accordingly.
· Rotate product as needed
· Keep facility clean and free of hazards, debris, and trash. This aspect of the job often includes other custodial duties.
· Cook foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
· Clean and maintain all kitchen appliances and surfaces.
· Follow California food, sanitation and food guidelines.
· Label, date and Mark all prepped items.
· Must be able to execute precise knife skills keeping food prepared by dice or julienne the same size for even cooking.
· Must be able to work proficiently in the entry level stations (fryer, pizza, sauté)
· Must be able to cook to the correct temperatures all griddle top menu items and must know the temperatures on hamburgers (R MR M MW W).
· Must be able to work the middle, sauté, pizza, fryer during peak periods while maintaining the quality and consistency of the food.
· Must have precise knife skills including some butchering skills with fish and steaks.
· Must know temperatures for meat, fish and steaks and be able to produce a properly cooked product, at all times, especially during very busy peak periods.
· Must master all cooking stations: pantry, broiler, sauté, fryer, griddle.
· Must be familiar with prep kitchen and be able to step in on prep work during non-peak periods. Must be able to read and follow recipes, including baked items.
· Must be able to organize and lead kitchen staff in the absence of the Chef
· Must be able to lead the line on a regular basis. In the absence of the Chef, will be responsible to take charge of the tickets and the flow of dinner service.
Please reach out to email@example.com for questions or apply online at https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?ServerVar=tahoedonnerassociation.appone.com
You must sign in to apply for this position.