The Banquet Server ensures quality service is delivered in a timely and professional manner to all event guests and the host. Service is detailed, attentive and efficient and proper service techniques are used each event. The Banquet Server knows all the details of the event including menu, dietary restrictions, table sets and timeline of event. This position must keep a positive attitude during each event, with attention to detail to ensure each event is set completely and to specification. Provides warm professional hospitality.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete opening and closing duties timely and thoroughly for each event based off of event order
- Prepare event spaces to specifications of BEO (Banquet Event Order)
- Organize, set and maintain tables, side stations and buffets
- Ensure service is completed within service standards and all stations including food, dessert, wine and beverage stations are set and maintained during event
- Manage the presentation of table sets, buffets and F&B stations to keep a polished presentation for our guests
- Monitor cleanliness of tables, buffets, F&B stations, side stations, and break down stations during full event
- Supports all other banquet staff by running food and drinks, clearing, and assisting where needed and whenever possible
- Communicate additional meal requirements & dietary restrictions to the Captain
- Have a pressed, clean uniform for every event to ensure a polished appearance
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Martis Camp standards and the availability given and as club operations needs change for different events and times of year
- Comply with Martis Camp standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient club operations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships within the organization.
- Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish)
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Teamwork Oriented
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Minimum of 2 years in a banquet or restaurant server position
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone & e-mail, etc.
- Alcohol Service Card
- Food Service Card
- Valid Drivers License to drive the golf carts
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Able to carry plates, trays and other common service equipment
- Must be able to stand and walk for 4-8 hours at a time and 8-10 hours total per shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, kneel, pull & push to assist with storage cleaning duties and event space maintenance
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work overtime in peak periods
- Must be able to work varied shifts at different locations and with minimal or no supervision
WAGE RANGE: $17 – $18 per hour plus service charges
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our employment page to apply: Employment – Martis Camp