The Banquet Captain leads numerous social events including galas, elegant weddings, corporate dinners and celebratory events while keeping open communication with host of each event. Responsible for ensuring banquet spaces are ready for service with an attention to detail to evaluate each event set and double check it is set to specifications. The Banquet Captain will ensure banquet set up are complete & accurate with tableware and food stations set to specifications of BEO (Banquet Event Order). Will maintain a positive working relationship with other staff and departments and will work to support the service staff in any needs they have. Lead, motivate and assist with training banquet staff including housemen, servers and bartenders to keep service in line with consistent high-quality food and service standards. Conducts line up’s with the team at the beginning of each event; this includes review of the event, timing, review of the menu, assigns set up duties, assigns event roles and job dedications (ex. Wine service, table service, lead server, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate clearly what the client wants are with the service staff; all info gathered from BEO
- Delegate job tasks to service staff to ensure events are set prior to event start time
- Make sure event spaces look clean, tidy and free of debris
- Maintain clean work areas throughout set up, event and break down of events
- Banquet captains ensure the elements of a venue are ready before the guests arrive, including the dining tables, bar, food, beverage areas and bathrooms. During the event they interact along with Banquet Manager with the host to respond to any special requests or last-minute adjustments. They will monitor the activities of banquet ambassadors, members, guests and respond to questions, complaints or comments as they arise
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs to kitchen lead
- Follow all safety & security procedures, report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to appropriate manager
- Ensure quality expectations and standards are met each event
- It is the captain’s responsibility to make sure the hourly ambassadors, including themselves, take a mandatory 30 minute unpaid break before 5 hours of work
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships within the organization.
- Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish)
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Minimum of 2 years in a banquet captain or server position
- Alcohol Service Card
- Food Handler Card
- Valid Drivers License to drive golf carts
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, e-mail, etc.
- Must be able to stand and walk for 4-8 hours at a time and 8-10 hours total per shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, kneel, pull & push to assist with storage cleaning duties and event space maintenance
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work overtime in peak periods
- Must be able to work varied shifts at different locations and with minimal or no supervision
WAGE RANGE: $20 – $22 per hour plus service charges
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our employment page to apply: Employment – Martis Camp