Installation Lead and Installation Manager
The Installation Technician/Helper is responsible for assisting the Installation Lead with tasks necessary to allow for the completion of fireplace, stove and flue pipe installations and repairs in an accurate and timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities
● Assisting in the installation of gas, wood, pellet and electric fireplaces & stoves, including flue pipe and accessories in accordance with manufacturer specifications and manuals.
● Perform installation and work in a professional, respectful manner to preserve and prevent damage to customers home, yard and belongings. Use correct tools and protective equipment (booties, runners, etc.).
● Stocks installation vehicle with proper installation parts (flue, stove paint, gasketing, job supplies, etc.) and tools as assigned by Installation Lead.
● Restock/put away inventory received from vendors.
● Assists with the installation and maintenance of showroom fireplaces and accessories (blowers, remotes, thermostats)
● Communicate professionally with customers & coworkers
● Ensure installation is performed at customer home/job site in a safe manner. Service route is free of obstacles, correct tools are available and used, etc.
● Ensures installation vehicles receive basic maintenance & service when assigned by Installation Lead. Reports any maintenance/safety issues to Installation Lead.
● Stocks installation vehicle with correct tools, safety equipment, parts, booties, runners, and product cleaning kits. Replaces and replenishes when needed.
● Utilize proper safety equipment (Fall protection, gloves, eye protection, hearing protection, hard hat, footwear) to prevent injury. Evaluate condition of tools prior to use. Report injury or unsafe condition immediately.
● Weekly attendance at Safety Meeting
● Snow removal from property.
● Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
● Ability to drive safely.
● Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
● Ability to use navigation tools such as GPS, smartphone apps, and/or physical maps.
● Ability to plan efficient service routes.
● Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision.
● Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in written form
● Ability to remain professional and courteous at all times.
● Ability to use computerized time tracking system, email & proprietary software.
● Ability to use basic tools and safety equipment.
● Ability to read and understand directions.
Education and Experience
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Clean driving record and minimum 5 year driving experience/license
This is a full-time, year-round position. Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Over time is a regular occurrence with this position. Some weekend work will be required during busy holiday seasons.
This position requires working indoors and outdoors in customer homes and on new construction jobsites and within the installation office.
Environmental conditions will include regularly working in low temperatures, high temperatures, and outdoor elements such as precipitation (rain, ice, snow) and wind.
● Regularly ascend, descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like.
● Regularly work on roofs, scaffolding, ladders and at heights.
● Constantly move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments.
● Constantly move about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
● Occasionally lift at least 100lbs.
● Constantly lift 50lbs.
● Constantly communicating with others to exchange information.
● Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and fingers.
● Regularly operate machinery and/or power tools.
● Regularly operate motor vehicles, including forklift.
● Regularly assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned.
● Must be able to load and unload installation vehicles in various types of weather.
● Constantly stand, kneel, bend, walk, and sit.
● Constantly walk on uneven, varied surfaces to perform delivery.
None. This is a non-supervisory position.
NOTE: This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones that the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other work-related tasks, duties and training as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
You must sign in to apply for this position.