The Sugar Bowl Wedding and Event Manager is instrumental in selling, securing, planning, coordinating and exceeding guest expectations for all Sugar Bowl events and weddings. Responsible for all aspects of events and weddings, including sales, BEO/prospectus generating, all client interaction, initial and final billing, and close attention to all client needs and satisfaction. The Wedding and Events Manager must ensure exceptional guest service in all situations 100% of the time, to not only the Sugar Bowl Village homeowners and outside clients, but also to all internal team members. They must also embrace ownership of all Sugar Bowl policies & procedures at all times.
- Minimum of 2 years previous sales, event planning and execution experience in the Food & Beverage or Hospitality Industries
- Must possess exceptional verbal, written communication skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle management of multiple events at once, while providing positive and exceptional service
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, time management
- Must have or be willing to obtain Responsible Beverage Service of Alcohol certification and ServSafe Manager Food Handler’s certification
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- All Sugar Bowl events
- All Sugar Bowl weddings
- All Sugar Bowl homeowner events
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Respond and manage all incoming event inquiries
- Generate cost estimates for all clients
- Conduct site visits and coordinate tastings
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, ski trips, private dinners, offsite catering, wine and beer dinners, business meetings and conferences, employee appreciation events and internal meetings. Customize event layouts.
- Develop and manage each event’s unique budget, timeline and needs
- Responsible for maximizing revenue of each event through upselling to clients
- Create BEOs for each event 14 days in advance and distributing to all involved parties
- Have extensive knowledge of all menu items, food and bar
- Schedule and conduct weekly BEO meetings with all involved parties
- Coordinate with third party event planners and outside vendors in a professional and timely manner
- Communicate in a positive and professional manner with all managers, leads and staff. Communicate in a positive and professional manner with all managers, leads and team members
- Act as Wedding Coordinator for clients that choose to not book a third party planner. This may include setting of décor, maintaining day of timeline, checking in with bridal party, coordinating vendor arrival and setup, running rehearsal and ceremony, and anything else that the client may need to enhance their experience.
- Will communicate with the Village Food and Beverage Manager to ensure flawless event execution
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all other internal departments and third party vendors
- Maintain consistent high level Service Standards and promoting them to the Team.
- Excellent safety, sanitation & cleanliness practices.
- Exercising excellent listening skills to external and internal guests.
- Creating a courteous, friendly, and professional, team focused work environment.
- Be on hand at events to proactively manage any issues that may arise in a timely professional manner and to serve as the point person for all client communication and event logistics. Ability to shift event timeline and adapt quickly when needed and communicate changes immediately to all involved parties.
- Sense of Pride & Ownership for position, department and resort.
- Coordinate all billing and tracking of deposits, as well as final payments
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed for event execution
- Ability to work long days on feet up to and exceeding 10 hours
- Articulate and propose and offer suggestions to build the business and improve service levels
- Track and report all commissions (see commission agreement).
- Work with F&B Director on ways to grow the business, budget process and sales initiatives.
Pay $65000.00/year – $77000.00/year dependent on experience
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.