MAKE A DIFFERENCE, EVERY DAY!
Do you enjoy helping people and working as part of a small, tight-knit team in Truckee California that makes a difference in our community every day? We have opportunities for you. Paratransit Services, operators of Truckee Transit, now hiring drivers. All training is paid at full wage. No Commercial Driving License, NO PROBLEM! Make a wage driving our smaller vehicles while you work towards gaining your Commercial License.
Starting wage for driver $20.00 per hour.
Full and Part time positions currently available:
Full Time (Driver)
Part Time (Driver)
How to apply:
Applications can be obtained at our website, www.paratransit.net, by following this link, http://www.paratransit.net/pix/application.pdf , or picked up at our office between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM M-F at 10713 Riverview Drive, Truckee, CA 96161
Submit the completed employment application form, (a) via e-mail; (b) fax to (530) 550-9585; (c) mail to Attn: General Manager, Paratransit Services, 10713 Riverview Dr., Truckee, CA 96161; or (d) Submit your application materials in person, or by mail at the address listed above.
Driver Minimum Qualifications
Must be at least twenty-one years of age, have had a valid driver license for at least five years and have the ability to obtain a Class B license with a passenger endorsement within a reasonable amount of time as necessary for contractual requirements. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check, a motor vehicle records check, and pre-employment drug screening.
Paratransit Services is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
DRIVER RESPONSIBILITIES (DISPATCH RESPONSIBILITIES UPON REQUEST):
Operates small and large transit vehicles to ensure safe and timely transportation of
passengers in a professional and courteous manner.
1. Operates company vehicles to transport passengers on fixed route, demand/response or door-to-door service.
2. Assists dispatcher with routes and narratives.
3. Assists elderly passengers and persons with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the loading/unloading and securement of wheelchairs within established safety procedures. Physically evacuates passengers in any emergency situations.
4. Promotes positive passenger relations; greets passengers in a tactful, courteous manner.
5. Maintains appropriate uniform and presents a professional, neat and clean appearance.
6. Communicates access and/or loading problems to supervisors.
7. Inspects assigned vehicle before and after operations; makes notes of any defects discovered. Completes vehicle condition reports.
8. Completes passenger and vehicle usage records.
9. Keeps vehicle interior clean.
10. Prepares and submits Incident/Accident reports.
11. Responsible for keeping updated on all company policies and procedures, and all
12. Perform other duties as required.
Flexible hours of work may be required, which can include evenings and/or weekends. Requires ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess the physical ability to perform all driving functions without assistance. Moderate lifting, bending, twisting, stretching, kneeling, and crouching may be required to assist passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle, including carrying items and lifting and securing wheelchairs weighing up to 50lbs. Must be able to load/unload and push/pull occupied wheelchairs without assistance. While driving, may experience challenges related to adverse weather conditions or vehicular traffic. Must be able to grasp, squeeze, kneel, reach, and stretch to do pre/post check of vehicles, adjust mirrors, secure wheelchairs, and operate the vehicle, radio and equipment. Must be able to lift and install tire chains on all vehicles as needed. Task to include kneeling, lifting the chains (up to 50 pounds), and positioning from a kneeling position with arms extended bearing the weight of the chains. Must be able to operate small to large vans and buses safely, and perform all of
the above, without assistance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: basic customer relations techniques; the service area; the safe operations of vehicles and the applicable State Motor Vehicle Laws. Ability to: work with elderly and persons with disabilities, and deal tactfully and effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds in stressful situations; to promote good passenger relations; to prepare accurate records and reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to read and apply written rules, regulations, policies and procedures; to pass required drug and alcohol testing.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour – Driver
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
You must sign in to apply for this position.