Sugar Bowl Resort is looking for Terrain Park Groomers responsible for the grooming and nightly maintenance of all terrain parks and features.in coordination with the department’s daily plan and day crew communications. This position is key to the maintenance of all park elements in the terrain park in an effort to provide an enjoyable environment for our guests. This position’s goal is to provide all guests with the best possible terrain park experiences.
- 1-2 years Cat Experience (Preferably Terrain Park Building and Grooming)
- Construction and Design of Terrain Parks
- Must be a self starter and hard worker with the ability to work on steep mountain hillsides without supervision.
- Must be able to make prudent decisions without being supervised.
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Strong Leadership skills
- Able to safely operate Winch Cats (Preferred)
- Welding/fabrication and Heavy machine experience (Preferred)
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Ability to construct and maintain Terrain Park features using a snow cat
- Responsible for nightly grooming of all terrain parks and park features
- Reshaping and rebuilding trails. Pushing snow from fences and snow drifts
- Removing excess snow from and around lift stations, covering creeks, rocks and other obstacles. Spreading man-made snow. Packing fresh powder
- Assist in design and layout of terrain features, which maintain a safe design that flows with traffic and works with natural terrain
- Become familiar with natural terrain and snow depth indicators
- Responsible for maintenance and reconstruction in coordination with the daily plan and the day crew’s communications
- Must operate snow cat on various terrain and conditions, including steep uphill and downhill, leaving a good riding surface
- Assist in digging out and moving jibbing elements with night-time Park Rangers
- Communicates the grooming results from night to AM day crew
- Work outside of a snow cat in inclement and adverse weather conditions
- Responsible for filling out all grooming forms as well as, any company equipment or vehicle forms nightly
- Able to work in a guest service environment and appear professional at all times
- Attend snowmobile training
- Contributes to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of the guests and employees: participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions
Pay $21/hour – $28/hour dependent on experience.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.