The Shift Manager performs leadership and organizational tasks within the front desk associate position. The Shift Manager is responsible for assisting the organization and management in administration and supervision of all aspects of High Altitude Fitness. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: training, problem solving, updating staff training materials, equipment inventory and maintenance, customer service and membership sales.
The shift manager must have Lead Rock Climbing experience and knowledge and be able to pass a Lead Climbing Test. Must be able to work 2 locations, Incline Village, NV and Truckee CA.
The Shift Manager will be expected to collaborate with the Operational Manager. This position will require varied hours at front desk, 35-40 hours per week. All shifts will be required at various times. Schedule to be determined.
Must be available weekdays and weekends various hours from 5:30am-9:30pm.
1. Essential Functions:
– Mentor staff
– Staff training
– Prepare written materials to educate and train staff and to assist with patron orientation
– Communicate regularly with management and staff about important issues, program needs and evolving policies and procedures
– Supervise/Train in Rock Climbing Gym
– Oversee membership issues, member profiles, membership sales
– Interface professionally and positively with vendors regarding scheduled preventative maintenance, and needed repairs.
– Assist with customer relations as needed
– Oversee routine equipment maintenance and cleaning and train others to assist
– Manage inspection of equipment for preventive servicing and repairs
– Inspect cleanliness of facility and report problems
– Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Qualifications: -Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required, high school or equivalent education level, previous management experience.
– Strong computer skills required with MS Office software and basic website capabilities
– Certification by American Red Cross in Adult CPR and First Aid required within one month of hire
– Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative when unsupervised
– Strong oral and written communication skills required
– Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of staff, members and visitors on a daily basis.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Prior customer service and/or front desk management experience and interest in fitness. Rock climbing experience, or general rock climbing knowledge, must be 21+ years of age.
Special Instructions to Applicants: ONLY RESUMES ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER WITH AVAILABILTY WILL BE CONSIDERED. Availability must include specific details- days and available hours per day.
Current shifts available Sunday through Saturday, applicants must be available to work a variety of weekday and weekend shifts: opening, mid, and closing shifts. M-F (5:30-11:00am, 11:00-4:00pm, 4:00-9:30pm), Sat-Sun (6:30-1:00pm, 1:00-7:30pm). Applicants must be available to work at least 30 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
All customers and employees required to wear a mask and social distance, cleaning crew on site, common surfaces cleaned regularly, plastic shields at reception desk and throughout facility.
You must sign in to apply for this position.