Sugar Bowl’s new Sales Manager will play a critical role in executing the strategic marketing plan, driving new group business and opening new revenue opportunities through event & sponsorship sales. The new Sales Manager will be responsible for a full range of marketing responsibilities, including group sales efforts, expanding off-site sale opportunities, developing & executing promotions to drive sales, positioning Sugar Bowl as an event host and developing sponsorship packages to sell for events. This key management position will in many ways be the face of Sugar Bowl and must be a solid cultural fit espousing our Ethos.
- Clear & concise written & verbal communication skills
- Previous venue management & sales experience required; 3 years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or other relevant field preferred but successful sales experience considered
- Knowledgeable in event/sales industry
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, project management software, email
- Ability to work effectively with other departments
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism necessary; attention to detail imperative; high energy, flexibility, discretion and sound judgment required
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the office & under stress during events
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems
- Excellent organizational & guest service skills
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Respond to & manage all incoming group inquiries
- Coordinate details for group trips to Sugar Bowl, including working with F&B, Ski School, Rentals, Tickets and more to ensure a high-quality experience.
- Successfully executing in-resort leisure group check-ins
- Open new avenues for group visits such as meetings, conferences and events
- Maintaining relationships with and growing sales from resort ticket partners
- Expand 3rd party sales through off-site lift ticket programs in ski shops, hotels and other retail outlets
- Identify & research new revenue opportunities to enact across business units.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, ski trips, sales meetings, business meetings, et. al. for operational execution
- Develop and manage each event’s unique budget and timeline
- Conceptualize promotions to drive revenue, especially during soft periods
- Identify sponsorship opportunities and develop a matrix of resort assets for sponsorship sales
- Weekly and monthly reporting on all sales channels
- Tracking of competitive pricing
- Product and pricing analysis, working with the Executive Director of Marketing to create product mix
- Daily revenue yield management through online ticket sales
- Pre-season travel and tabling at ski shows as needed
- Support additional marketing functions as needed
- Other marketing tasks as needed
- Attend 1-2 operational “Snow Plan” meetings weekly and complete necessary follow-up
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be in good physical condition
- Intermediate level (or above) skier or snowboarder preferred
- Full-time, year-round position
Pay $65k/year – $75k/year dependent on experience.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.