Reports To: Principals
Location: Truckee, CA (North Lake Tahoe)
PARADIGM8 (P|8) is a multi-discipline real estate firm specializing in development, construction, hospitality and investments. With roots in Tahoe, P|8 brings 15 years of experience and passion for alpine resort and residential development. P|8 principals have successfully delivered in excess of $1B worth of commercial and residential real estate development projects on behalf of institutional and private capital partners. In addition, P|8’s hospitality division is the owner and operator of the Tahoe Mountain Club, a social and lifestyle club focused on creating memorable moments and unforgettable experiences via it’s world-class, four-seasons touch points.
The P|8 team is growing, and we are in search of strong performers that are looking for a fast-pace and dynamic work culture that offers growth opportunities and a multitude of career paths. Are you intrigued? If so, the Business Manager / Accountant duties may include, but are not limited to,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Business Manager, this individual will work closely with the firm’s Principals on the day to day business and office operations of P|8 to allow for efficiency, focus and organization of both the team and firm’s endeavors.
- As Accountant, this role will be responsible for all day to day bookkeeping and accounting associated with all P|8 corporate entities. The role will also perform project level bookkeeping and accounting for P|8 Construction and P|8 Development projects.
- Entity compliance will be a key responsibility for a growing number of entities (12+ currently) under management, including but not limited to: registered agent oversight and coordination, entity corporate book organization and compliance, federal and state tax and fee payment coordination/confirmation, etc.
- Perform administrative duties including electronic document organization, contract management, vendor/subcontractor management, A/R and A/P, expense reports, plus produce, analyze and update reports on the same.
- Manage and facilitate tight coordination with and between the internal project, construction and property management teams along with vendors, subcontractors, clients, relative to company and project accounting, A/R and A/P, lien releases, UCC filings, etc.
- Assist, from time to time, Principals and project/construction/property managers with project or property related tasks and responsibilities in a team-oriented manner.
- Special projects as assigned by Manager(s).
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proven record of handling multiple responsibilities, projects and initiatives of varying scope and delivering high quality results within defined timelines.
- Next level approach to customer and client services and assisting other team members in achieving company, project and client goals.
- The ideal candidate is a person that demonstrates they are able to work in a team environment, driven, reliable, honest, accountable and extremely well organized, proven ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks/projects/initiatives simultaneously.
- Interest and understanding of job cost accounting.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with investors, capital partners/lenders, architects, consultants, contractors, subcontractors and vendors at a high level in both verbal and written form.
- As is implicate in this role, this position will require outstanding organization, calendaring and follow-through.
- Required to have a reliable transportation as certain tasks will require driving distances as far as San Francisco.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Apps, Quickbooks or the like (CMiC experience is not required but is a plus).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
An undergraduate or graduate degree in business, accounting, finance or similar academic background and/or experience is preferable.
MATH / FINANCIAL SKILLS
The position requires the ability to read, understand and work with various software, financial spreadsheets, proformas, budgets, forecasts cost estimates and related numerical information.
The position requires the ability to perform tasks onsite within projects under construction that may have restricted access such as stairs or uneven terrain.
There will be extended periods of time spent in an office at a desk, however, the position also requires the ability to work onsite within properties and/or projects which are under construction and exposed to outdoor conditions at altitude (+\- 7,000′).
Salary Range: $65k to $85k depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: P|8 offers a competitive suite of benefits including: medical, vision and dental insurance, 401k Plan, and this position is eligible for an honorary membership to Tahoe Mountain Club.