High Camp Home provides a dynamic, challenging, creative and collaborative workplace. Candidates should possess a strong design sensibility and a desire to learn and contribute to our projects with enthusiasm, excellent collaboration and communication skills, outstanding graphic ability, and interest in working on all phases of interior design work. Candidates should have strong technical skills and be willing and able to travel when needed.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work with our creative group of interior designers in realizing all aspects of projects from concept through construction documentation, purchasing, and installation
- Develop design concepts, solutions and presentations for resort based residential interiors based on the direction given by senior designers
- Contribute to programming and space planning for various environments
- Research architectural finish materials based on functional and design criteria and compile finish schedules
- Prepare presentations including drawings, renderings, and conceptual work
- Develop FF&E budgets and specifications
- Have solid knowledge of interior code requirements and building systems
- Generate professional and detailed drawings, interior architectural construction documents, sketches, floor plans, elevations in AutoCAD.
- Generate detailed drawings of custom furniture, millwork, and interior architecture.
- You thrive in a creative, small team environment
- Assist in the sourcing and specification of furnishings, lighting, textiles, and accessories
- Maintain accurate and organized project documentation, tracking tasks and follow-ups as needed
- Work with Project Manager on deliveries and installations
- Maintain daily detailed and accurate time billing
- Assist with marketing projects, inventory sales and management
- Be flexible and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Have excellent time management, be efficient with multi-tasking and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Embrace the opportunity to work in an open office environment
- Proficient in architectural and performance analytical software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other 3D modeling software
Training and Experience
- Minimum 4-year Degree in Interior Design
- Minimum 3-4 years of post-college, hands on experience with a luxury residential interior design firm
- Excellent computer rendering skills; Proficiency in AutoCAD is a MUST
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SketchUp (or other equivalent 3D rendering program)
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational, and time management skills
- Concise and personable verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of furniture, fixtures, equipment, materials, and building finish products suitable for residential projects
- Experience with design detailing and documentation
- Experience with FF&E purchasing process for single-family residential projects
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are collaborative, creative, and challenging
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent projects
In addition to a dynamic and creative culture, depending on your employment status, High Camp Home provides a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, health plan including medical, dental and vision, 401k, bonuses.
As a firm, we are committed to pay practices that are fair, competitive, and reflect internal pay equity. At the time of posting this job, the hiring range for this position in Truckee, CA is between $75,000 and $95,000 annually plus benefits. Final salary decisions are made based upon the extent and relatedness of the candidate’s education and experience and considering internal equity and external market factors. Relocation is not offered for this position.