Perform general maintenance & repair duties directed by supervision. The tasks listed below are some, but not a comprehensive list of all expected duties required of the job.
What do we offer?
Associa offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, disability insurance and support with wellness and development initiatives, and more. We have been designated Great Place to Work for five consecutive years and many of our locations are awarded as Best and Brightest.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct rounds of the common areas, clubhouse and pools to ensure cleanliness and functionality.
- Immediately correct or cause to be corrected any unsafe conditions throughout the property – including but not limited to broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, clubhouse/pool lights and ballasts, etc. May purchase supplies and parts for reimbursement.
- Paint curbs, hydrants, gates, fences, etc. on a continuous, rotating basis.
- Trim shrubs, sweep and clean walkways in all common areas.
- Conduct regular inspections of sprinkler systems and check for trash and violations.
- During pool season – Maintain and add pool chemicals, check restroom for trash and cleanliness, clean pool furniture, check all clocks every morning, open/close the pool at start/end of the season.
- Minor spraying for insects on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain and repair doors, door closures and gates.
- Perform any necessary fence repairs in common areas.
- During winter season – Snow removal and ice melt application as needed within common areas.
- Repair gutters throughout the community on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure dumpsters are brought to the street outside the clubhouse on collection days and put away.
- Perform regular inspections throughout the property to identify deterioration, wear, potential failure and potential liability and take necessary steps to correct and/or inform management.
- Notify supervision of any new or outstanding violations and of any vehicles illegally parked.
- Maintain inventory of RV lots and provide supervision of any updates.
- Work closely with third party contractors to ensure all systems are in proper working order at all times.
- Oversee all third party maintenance contractors and inform management of any issues.
- Perform any other general maintenance tasks and projects as directed by supervision.
- Provide supervision with a weekly action list of completed work/projects each Friday.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, processes and operations
- Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements.
- Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills. Ability to work tactfully and respectfully with co-workers, homeowners and with general public.
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, work independently, be proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Must be able to operate smartphone & email (Day-to-Day operations, basic communication/monthly expense reports)
- Use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Ability to prioritize daily assignments and work order requests.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergency situations.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 1 – 3 years of directly related or closely related experience Job
- In performance of the required job duties, incumbent must be able to climb ladders, bend, reach and lift up to 50 pounds.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must be able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license and appropriate vehicle insurance.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain certification required to maintain a public pool.
Tools and Equipment
- Must have own hand tools required for all repairs and maintenance.
- Must have vehicle in good repair. Vehicle must be capable of hauling and/or towing to and from the community, management office, supply house and occasional dump runs.
- Typical outside work environment year-round (frequent standing, walking, lifting and/or operating powered equipment using proper safety techniques or tools).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary will be dependent on incumbent’s experience, range $24-$30/hr.
Apply at https://careers.associaonline.com/us/en/, search location is Truckee, CA.