Under the supervision of the Truckee Counter Sales Manager or the Tahoe City Manager, the Counter Sales employee will be responsible for assisting customers in selecting merchandise to fit the needs of their projects, processing sales transactions, answering customer inquiries, stocking, assisting with inventories, creating and maintaining a clean, professional store appearance. All employees are expected to be consistent in following company policies and procedures and safety guidelines; timeliness, quality, accuracy and thoroughness of work performed; attendance, dress, leadership, teamwork, honesty, integrity and respect for others.
1. Greets customers coming into the store
2. Establishes quality customer relations
3. Generates sales and uses a computer system to transact the sale
4. Accurately balances cash drawer each day
5. Properly processes paperwork including yard orders, invoices, purchase orders, returns
6. Processes sales transactions accurately using TTL computer system
7. Accurately processes credits (gets 2 signatures, etc.)
8. Prepares managements inventory sheets (out sheets, customer requests, no scan items)
9. Answers phone and responds to customer inquiries and/or redirects to other appropriate staff members
10. Directs special order inquiries too appropriate personnel
11. Assists in inventory
12. Provides store security
13. Stocks the store as required
14. Provides solid lead information to Contractor Sales
15. Pulls hardware and maintains paperwork to fill orders for delivery
16. Excellent selling ability
17. Maintains up to date product knowledge
18. Recognizes and brings mispriced items to Buyer’s attention
19. Promotes and processes TTL Express services to counter/phone customers
20. Uses good housekeeping to maintain neat and organized store and counter appearance
21. Provides customers with simple estimates and quotes on products and services
22. Processes all yard and special orders sales transactions accurately
23. Maintains quality relationships with vendors and current knowledge of product sources
24. Coordinates special orders and researches requested products
25. Receives special orders, ensuring proper paperwork and bin locations
26. Tracks and invoices special orders and notifies customers of product arrival
27. Promotes and coordinates TTL Express orders with a high level of customer service
28. Instructs customers on Express ordering procedures
29. Coordinates with Yard Coordinator on TTL Expresses, scheduling order to fulfill two hour guarantee
30. Pulls TTL Express hardware pulling as needed
31. Understands and works with Contractor Sales using company dispatch system
32. Provides floor sales
33. Works with Buyer to merchandise store
34. Anticipates and matches materials to customers needs
35. Develops and maintains excellent customer relations
36. Advanced product knowledge and sales of outside and shed products
37. Provides leadership and supervision in Counter Coordinator’s absence
38. Possesses active listening skills
39. Coordinates cycle counts with Buyer
40. Uses advanced system knowledge to research transactions and invoice discrepancies
41. Researches and works with Buyer on product discrepancies
42. Cleans the store as needed
43. Provides back up support for Contractor Sales as needed
44. Has a team player attitude
45. Takes responsibility for own mistakes and errors
46. Maintain a quality safety and attendance record
47. Other duties as assigned
Education A high school education or equivalent is required. Must be able to read, write and speak English and have the ability to work with and understand printed forms and documents.
Experience Prior experience in retail sales or customer service is desirable, but not required.
Skills Demonstrates positive attitude. Ability to multi-task. Exhibits good organizational skills
Physical Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds and meet the physical requirements as defined in the pre-placement physical
Other Must be able to pass pre-placement business math test. Must be able to maintain positive, professional relationships with customers and co-workers. Must be able to understand and follow instructions, both verbal and written. Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned projects.
Typical Working Conditions: This position works primarily inside on a regular basis. An employee in this position may encounter high heat and very cold temperatures. Weather conditions encountered will be sun, rain and snow.
Equipment Used: This position requires an employee to use pallet jacks, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
Essential Physical Tasks: This position requires frequent lifting, bending stacking, standing and other essential physical tasks.
Pay: $17.00 per hour
This Job Is:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.