Cooking shifts vary in hours depending on the number of people to be served and the complexity of the meal. Cooking shifts include food preparation, serving food on family style large dishes, cleaning necessary cooking equipment, and cleaning/organizing the kitchen to keep with CA food safe handling standards.
– Menu preparation in accordance to dietary restrictions/needs and youth demographics & budget restrictions. All meals should include healthy options for youth and adults.
– Food purchase within the appropriate budget
– Organize all purchased food in the pantry in accordance with CA safe food handlers standards.
– Each day includes Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert & Snacks
– All meals will be crafted with dietary restrictions and allergies considered.
– Clean up the kitchen zone and the cooking pots/pans, counters, stoves after each meal
– Inventory all non-perishable & unopened food which can be used for further programs and properly store & label all food to be kept for future programs.
– Discard all opened and perishable food.
Site and Vendor Operations: Work hard to apply Leave No Trace principles.
Commit to working the entire assigned shift unless previously contacting a Program Manager to arrange a shortened day for special circumstances.
Assists in other tasks as assigned.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.