Do you want to:
● Gain professional environmental career experience?
● Obtain college credit while getting paid an awesome wage
● Work outside in beautiful locations?
● Help to protect Lake Tahoe?
If you answered yes, then this is an opportunity for you!
The Lake Tahoe Ambassadors will work in small teams interacting face-to-face with the public
sharing information about Lake Tahoe’s natural environment and ways to protect Tahoe.
Ambassadors will be stationed at popular locations (Taylor Creek Visitor Center, Tallac Historic
Site, Emerald Bay, Explore Tahoe at the Heavenly Village, East Shore Bike Path, Tahoe City
Commons Beach, and more) around the Lake during the busiest days and hours of the day
● Motivate and inspire community members and visitors to recreate responsibly
while enjoying Lake Tahoe’s parks and beaches
● Share information about ways to recreate in Tahoe, favorite hikes and bike trails,
● Model good stewardship by picking up trash, calling city maintenance when trash
cans are full, and handing out pet waste bags as needed
● Track observations and interactions with the public using a Citizen Science app
● Present natural history information
The role of the supervisors are to directly oversee the team of Ambassadors while they are in
the field, and assist in schedule creation and paperwork/timesheets as needed. This position will
work in tandem as a team of two. Previous management experience is preferred. The
supervisors will be trained in the role by the Sierra Nevada Alliance and host site staff. College
internship credit is also available.
Responsibilities and Activities:
● Directly supervise a team of 20 Ambassadors with a co-supervisor
● Assist Ambassadors when they are in the field by providing materials, logistical support,
and assistance in job duties as needed
● Attend all in-person training sessions to learn about the uniqueness of Tahoe’s
environment, the greatest threats to the environment, the best ways to be a good
steward, and knowledge of local ordinances
● Participate in professional development and environmental webinars, and weekly
Alliance staff meetings
● Follow protocol methods and collect data on observations in the field
● Participate in community clean-up and restoration days
● A willingness to learn about Tahoe’s environment, sound stewardship practices, and
● Experience managing others or experience working in a professional team environment.
● Self-motivation and drive to approach visitors to engage them in conversation about how
to be good stewards
● Capable of communicating and interacting in a respectful and inclusive manner with
people of all ages and backgrounds
● Good time management and punctuality
● Capable of standing and walking outdoors in variable weather conditions for up to 8
hours at a time
● English and Spanish conversational skills are desired, but English-only speakers will be
We are urgently hiring for this position and prefer a candidate who can begin on June 1st. The
position ends on Labor Day weekend
Ambassador supervisors $20-$25/hr (based on experience), ~30 hours a week.
To apply, please email a concise cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For
questions, call 530-542-4546.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
You must sign in to apply for this position.