TDRPD is growing its IT team and seeking a IT Support Specialist!
Under direct or general supervision, provide front-line technical support to resolve hardware, software, and network system issues. Maintain endpoint systems, document operating procedures, setup and troubleshoot A/V systems, and assist in network projects.
Join our team and bring your technical expertise and friendly demeanor to provide top-notch support to our users.
You’ll have the opportunity to continuously improve our IT processes and infrastructure while making a positive impact on TDRPD’s technology operations.
This is a part-time benefited position (38 hrs per week) with flexible schedules and benefits that include health, dental, vision, and TDRPD access and discounts to programs and facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and create a lasting impact on the Truckee community.
The starting pay for the IT Support Specialist is $25.13 – $27.18 per hour, based on experience.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
1. Associate degree in computer science or other related field
2. 1 year of experience in front-line technical support of a MS Windows domain environment
3. Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Windows OS and O365
4. Knowledge in maintenance of printers, IP phones, POS hardware, and other network devices
5. Knowledge with software such as Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Android and iOS
6. Knowledge of A/V equipment setup and operation.
7. Possessing a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to all district properties
8. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
9. Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
The IT Support Specialist is an apprentice-level class in the Information Technology series. Incumbents perform a variety of tasks, including front-line user support, endpoint troubleshooting and maintenance, and A/V setup and operation. Positions at this level receive instruction and planning from the IT Administrator.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit the following to David Faris, firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you have any questions or concerns, please call David at 530-550-4442.
Applicants are required to be fingerprinted through the DOJ and once cleared, they may start work.
You must sign in to apply for this position.