Hello! Thank you for your interest in our position at Sierra Community House. The Grants Compliance Coordinator is responsible for supporting grants compliance, budget management & reporting. Knowledge and understanding of grants, budgets, data entry is required. The position is full-time, 35-40 hours and is non-exempt. Our ideal candidate would be well versed in reading budgets, has experience with Quickbooks and is willing to take the time to read grants and share goals/objectives with relevant staff. In addition, this position is responsible for ongoing grant reporting, The candidate must possess strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, the ability to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends and have the ability to drive without restrictions and reliable transportation.
As the ability to drive without restrictions is essential to this position, upon hire, a print out of the employee’s DMV record is required, as is agreement to participate in our DMV pull-program. In order to ensure the new hire meets the requirement standards of both the job position and the overall industry, fingerprinting is required, as well. New employees will schedule an appointment for fingerprinting through one of our approved locations during the first week of employment.
Starting salary is dependent upon experience. The starting rate for this position $21.15 per hour. DOE. A benefit allotment is offered after 60 days, that covers medical, and the remaining allotment may be used toward a cafeteria of options ranging from dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts for health and/or childcare. Other covered benefits, provided at no cost to the employee, are telehealth for the employee and any immediate family members in the same household, and life insurance. Sierra Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A copy of our policy is available upon request. Interviews will take place beginning the week of October 12. We hope to fill the position by November 1.
Partial Job Description listed below;
A. Bachelor’s degree or related experience
B. One to three years of budgeting experience
C. One to three years of grants compliance experience
D. Must have a reliable means of transportation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION:
1. Communication: Dissect complex information and communicate effectively with staff members unfamiliar with this information.
2. Grant Deliverables: Fulfill all grant deliverables assigned to the position, including, but not limited to reporting, coverage inquiries, sharing program goals/objectives with relevant staff, and providing support for funder site visits.
3. Computer Use – Use the computer to complete weekly, monthly, and yearly reports. Must be able to respond to e-mails, communicate with staff and funders, review contracts, and review grant documents. To meet these demands, must be able to spend much of the day on a computer.
4. Transportation – Maintain grant documents at various Sierra Community House offices and meet with staff at various office locations. Therefore, must possess ability to safely drive between office sites.
5. Document Review – Review grant documentation electronically and in written form.
6. Professional behavior: Must possess the ability to accept and work with people from diverse personal and cultural backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and professional ethics; the ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment and to abide by agency regulations regarding confidentiality and ethics; and possess emotional maturity and stability and be able to role model non-violent behavior in resolving conflicts and exercise appropriate boundaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Grant Compliance
1. Maintain timely records of all agency grants and contracts both as electronic documents and hard copies.
2. Meet regularly with Sierra Community House Program Directors and Managers to assure compliance with contracts and grant requirements including meeting project goals and objectives.
3. Track Grant Reporting needs, providing support/tools/timelines and reminders for program Managers & Directors in order to meet grant reporting deadlines.
4. Distribute all relevant grant related material to direct service staff who are responsible for implementation of programs.
5. Assist with the compilation of all agency statistics, including ensuring that information is entered into the database on a regular and timely basis.
6. Collect relevant program data for grant reports in a timely manner.
7. Ensure that deadlines for contracts and grants are met.
8. Work with staff to answer questions and share information.
9. Prepare, process and maintain files for Memorandum of Understandings, Operational Agreements, and Second Tier Subawards.
10. Prepare, process and maintain files for Independent Contractor Agreements, including tracking renewal dates of insurance and certificates on the Administration Calendar.
11. Act as a liaison between Grants Department and Finance Department
12. Develop capacity for grant management.
13. Provide support to staff regarding grants compliance as it relates to functional time sheets and reimbursement requests.
B. Grant Financing
1. Support the maintenance and updates of grant budgets in QuickBooks with support from the Finance Team
2. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of grant budgets and the ability to prepare grant budget modifications.
3. Work as a liaison between grant, finance and program directors/manager to ensure updated accurate information and open communication as it relates to oversight and implementation of grants.
C. Grant Reporting
a. Ensure compliance of data entry and quality data input from all staff & volunteers through data audits and management reports.
a. Convene Database Team regularly to develop, maintain and evaluate processes and protocols to manager services and outcomes related to all Sierra Community House programs
b. Perform data cleanup
c. Train staff and volunteers in using database
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.15 per hour
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have provided masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.