Truckee Tavern & Grill is looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our management team.
Restaurant General Manager Overview
The General Manager is responsible for managing all daily activities of restaurant. This is a “hands on, multi-tasking” position which requires working on the floor daily and maintaining all back-office responsibilities including but not limited to daily financials, payroll, nightly updates about service to the owners, maintaining purchase logs, scanning and entering invoices and inventory. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high food and service quality, training, and development of all staff.
Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting, inventory) and personnel/ payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Make all daily deposits and ensure that the cash-on-hand is accurately accounted for.
Food Safety and Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/ state/ local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with corporate officers for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Must have ServSafe Manager Certification.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding the standards of the restaurant.
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct orientation explain the Truckee Tavern & Grill Philosophy and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of the restaurants staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed appropriately for all shifts.
- Maintain accurate employee files.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing personality.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communications skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor costs while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to determining applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Keep CEO promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective actions where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Truckee Tavern & Grill policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/ effectiveness.
- At all times provides a favorable image of Truckee Tavern & Grill.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees, holidays or if emergencies arise. Typical work week is 50 hours.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies that weigh 45 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operate office equipment.