Old Town Tap, one of Truckee’s most popular restaurants, is looking for a General Manager to help lead our team to success.
This is a legit, fun, salaried job, at an amazing restaurant that is loved by our community! Good hearted, hard working, fun loving folk, please do apply! Send us your resume with a cover letter that includes what you love most about Truckee and why you want to work at Old Town Tap.
Some of the qualities we are especially looking for in a manager are:
- Positive and warm approach to service
- Passionate about creating a special guest experience
- An extensive knowledge of food and beverage, including craft cocktails
- A desire to continue to learn about our industry
- Ability to have fun in the workplace
- Works well in a team environment
- Can remain calm under pressure in high volume situations
- Commitment to our our town & community
- An everlasting love for this amazing industry
- 5+ years in a FOH position
- 3+ years in a management role
- Experience in staff selection and training
- Scheduling and understanding of labor cost
- Computer literacy & familiarity with Excel for management of costs, schedule, payroll, and inventory
- Ability to read/analyze a P&L
- Experience in cost analysis
- Experience with effective social media marketing
- Supervising and managing staff
- Ability to lead with empathy and earn respect
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both BOH and FOH
- Ability to work with both speed and accuracy
- An admirable work ethic
- Experience and passion for creating craft cocktails a bonus
- Generally manage the restaurant
- Maintain bottom line numbers
- Maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a stressful environment
- Understand and tend to employees’ needs, concerns and desires
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, courteous, high quality service at all times
- Control cash and other receipts
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Control/monitor inventories of equipment, smallwares, food and beverage and report shortages
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Review financial statements, sales reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
- Assess staffing needs and recruit staff
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control
- Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related tasks
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Develop, plan, and implement restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns
If you are a driven, positive, compassionate human, please do apply! Send us your resume with a cover letter and let us know what you love most about Truckee and why you want to work at Old Town Tap.
Old Town Tap is a Neapolitan style pizzeria and bar in downtown Truckee with an emphasis on experience that connects the finesse of a high-end restaurant with the conviviality of a neighborhood bar. We serve pizzas, salads, share plates and snacks of an upscale level and offer diverse, approachable and unique bar selections catering to both families and the late night crowd.
We utilize the finest ingredients in a fun, creative and unfussy manner, served by the best-hearted people that can be found. We create products and give service that is not just good, but that strives for greatness in every way. We offer genuine hospitality formed through humanity, compassion, merriment, and attention to detail.
We are passionate about sustainability in all facets of our business. We source our products responsibly, locally and seasonally as much as possible, and we will reduce our waste as much as possible. We expect our staff to do the same.
Please send us your resume and cover letter and let us know what you love most about Truckee and why you want to work at Old Town Tap.