The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assisting with the operation maintenance service and repair of equipment as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing electrical HVAC carpentry etc.).
- Assist with the operation maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms to include: vinyl repair touch up paint minor furniture repair tub caulking tile repairs etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines refrigerators kitchen equipment laundry equipment HVAC guestrooms meeting rooms the swimming pool and hot tub.
- Perform plumbing repair laundry equipment repair preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause – determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.
- Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by the supervisor or manager.