Tahoe Mountain Club is seeking a dynamic and talented Controller to take over our Finance and Accounting team with energy and drive to help move the business to the next level. You will be part of the Club’s Executive Team, working in lock step with the Club’s General Manager to continuosly shape the way the Club operates its world class private and public venues and assets.
An ambitious leader. An accomplished financial mind motivated to help direct the next generation of accomplishments within our existing premiere venues with an eye towards a hospitality-based ongoing refresh of existing operations dovetailed with future opportunities. Success looks, and feels, like nothing else. This is life at 6,000 feet. This is Tahoe Mountain Club.
IN’S & OUT’S OF THE ROLE
- Manage, mentor and direct the financial operations and team of the Club.
- Direct the day-to-day accounting operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivables, cash management and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports, including monthly and annual income statements and balance sheets.
- Provide high level analysis and recommendations on improving financial performance.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the General Manager and Department Mangers; ad- minister and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and produce monthly budget versusactual reports.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Responsible for preparing annual operations and capital budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the GeneralManager and Department Managers.
- Manage and conduct internal auditing programs and processes to help ensure that records are accurately maintained and that establishes policies and practices are consistently followed.
- Ensure appropriate sales and payroll taxes are paid. Prepare monthly and quarterly state sales tax returns.
- Directs, participates in, and verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, FF&E, etc.
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates accounting team.
- Responsible for legal entity maintenance, permit compliance and upkeep.
- Manage the Club’s banking and credit accounts and relationships.
- Support HR and Payroll as needed.
- Assist with tasks related to the Club’s parent entities/companies as requested.
Because of the fluctuating demands of operations, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you.
SKILLS CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
- Passionateabout having an omniscient view of the business’s finances with the ability to simultaneously take a high-level strategic view and drill down to the most granular level to allow for maximum efficiency and revenue optimization.
- Innovativeto redefine and rethink the status quo.
- Collaborativemanagement style, without ego, to inspire and encourage the talented and hardworking team members to reach their potential and the companies.
- Leadershipof your team members to create a cohesive team with dedication, productivity, and commitment to the Club’s core values.
- Entrepreneurwith a fire in the belly to find opportunity where others may not and to turn that inspiration into action.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field required; MBA/CPA preferred.
- 3 – 5+ years relevant work experience as a senior accountant, controller or equivalent, preferably in a multifaceted business and/or hospitality setting.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, audits, and other regulatory requirements in the financial and hospitality fields.
- The ability and desire to work within a team and independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and scrutinize accounting and financial documents.
- Phone skills/interpersonal skills: be able to professionally interact and communicate with Club Members, customers, em- ployees, vendors, attorneys, auditors, and bankers.
- Reliable vehicle as certain responsibilities will require driving between Club facilities.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and an expert command of Excel.
The ideal candidate is a person that demonstrates they are able to work in a team environment, driven, reliable, honest, accountable and extremely well organized, proven ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects/initiatives simultaneously
ABOUT TAHOE MOUNTAIN CLUB
Tahoe Mountain Club is a four-season Social Club focused on creating memorable experiences that allow Members and guests to build upon family traditions, embark on new adventures, and create lifelong friendships while sharing all that Tahoe has to offer.
We are located within the beautiful mountain town of Truckee, California, minutes away from Lake Tahoe. The Club op- erates Old Greenwood and Gray’s Crossing Championship golf courses, swim tennis and fitness centers at Old Green- wood and Gray’s Crossing, Alpine Club ski valet and lounge in the Village at Northstar, and Schaffer’s Camp on-mountain private dining at Northstar California.
*Tahoe Mountain Club (Tahoe Club Company, LLC and Tahoe Club Employee Company, Inc.) maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law. Harassment or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated, and any employee found to have engaged in such conduct will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.*