The Concierge position is responsible for communicating and coordinating the needs of the membership while managing the front desk operations. This position works closely with all departments and staff to support delivering consistently exceptional service to the membership and their guests.
The Concierge will operate within the boundaries of the yearly schedule, budget, and Club Rules, under the direction of the Lead Concierge and the Communications Manager, and in accordance with the Club’s Vision, Mission, goals, and service standards. They will also be highly involved in all Ambassador communications and distribution of information.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering and transferring all incoming calls, emails, and in-person visits in a professionally courteous manner, providing information, direction, and other appropriate assistance to our Membership, guests, and vendors.
- Manage the dining reservations process for the various restaurants.
- Support other concierge teammates to successfully work within the boundaries of the Ambassador handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Receive and manage all House Guest card requests, issue all House Guest Cards, maintain a log of activity, and keep all Ambassadors informed of active House Guest & Prospective Member names and sponsoring Members.
- Organize and distribute packages, business mail, and magazines.
- Assist with sales prospects while in residence in Barn cabins by providing notification to Ambassadors of arrival and departure times. Prepare and deliver and charge Prospective Member welcome cards.
- Maintain strong, positive communication skills and a cooperative working environment with all staff and Club Members.
- Maintain a superior service attitude and presentation among the concierge team with an understanding that a positive “can do” attitude and anticipating the needs of the Members and their guests is a guiding philosophy.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards, including personal presentation of staff that is reflected in management and interactions with the members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective listening, interpersonal, and guest service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish)
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and complete assignments within various time constraints.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a Concierge or front office position.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, and weekends. Saturday and Sunday work is normally required during the summer and winter operating seasons.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods and perform tasks that require bending, stooping, kneeling, bending, twisting, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, sitting, carrying, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
In your role, you will be privy to and included in discussions containing sensitive and/or confidential information. Due to the unique nature of the Club, the Club’s Board of Managers, the COO, the GM, the Club’s members, the “club business and matters”, and the Club in general; all have a high expectation of privacy, and the terms confidentiality clause are intended to preserve and protect such expectation of privacy.
Members, Guests, Ambassadors, and other clients of the Club deserve the utmost privacy and confidentiality. No Ambassador will disclose in conversation, via social media or electronic messaging, or any other form of written or oral communication, the usage of the Club, or any information about the membership roster of Martis Camp. No Ambassador should ask for photos or autographs.
Anything pertaining to “club business and matters” or any other items listed above shall be kept strictly confidential.
WAGE RANGE: $21 – $25 per hour
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our employment page to apply: Employment – Martis Camp