We are looking for a CDL shuttle driver for whitewater river trip passenger shuttles this upcoming summer in Truckee! It’s a super fun summer job where you get to spend a lot of time outdoors by the Truckee River and work with a great crew of guides.
We offer two trips a day. Each trip the guests, guides and boats are driven to the launch site on the Truckee River and dropped off. The shuttle driver brings the vehicle and trailer downstream to the take out site at the side of the river and brings the guests, guides and boats back to the outpost. The total driving distance is 12 miles per trip. Each trip pays $60 so you would make $60 – $120 a day to drive 12 – 24 miles. Most days are two trips.
Seasonal Shuttle Driver – May through September
The purpose of this role is to drive passenger shuttles for our river trips safely, enthusiastically, and professionally.
• Possess a current commercial drivers license with passenger endorsement.
• The ability to drive and back up a mini bus towing a trailer.
• Reporting to the Operations Manager regarding scheduling.
• Reporting to the Vehicle Manager regarding vehicle needs and repairs.
• Gaining familiarity with and utilizing Arctic to check work schedule daily.
• Completing thorough inspections of assigned vehicle(s) daily.
• Filling out a driver log for each shuttle and filing as directed.
• Following gas card protocols as directed.
• Being familiar with and responsible for take-out drinks.
• Managing the cleanliness and general upkeep of the assigned vehicle.
• Being able to adapt to changes in daily logistics.
• Must be responsible and make a full commitment to the job.
• Possessing good time management.
• Being on time and prepared for all scheduled shifts.
• Safety conscious practices on and off the road.
• Janitorial, grounds, camp work and additional duties as needed.
• Working outdoors in all types of weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• The ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Possessing the desire and ability to interact with guests and staff in a friendly and professional manner.
• Maintaining a good attitude and keeping morale high throughout the season.
• Practicing environmentally sound processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Pay: $60.00 – $120.00 per day
See Covid precautions on our website here: https://raftcalifornia.com/covid-mitigation/
2021 Trips will be run in accordance with local recommendations. The safety of our guests and employees is the most important aspect of our operation.
To apply for this job please visit raftcalifornia.com.