Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Has overall responsibility for the organization’s financial plans and policies, accounting practices, maintenance and fiscal records, financial reports & analysis, and overall financial internal accounting controls for the organization.
- Produces job cost reports on a timely basis.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Budget, pro forma, and bank loans knowledge.
- Performs detailed first level reviews of monthly general ledger, monthly financials, and annual financial statements, accompanied with analytical reviews.
- Maintains & supervises detailed schedules of debt & leases and monitor all general ledger activity.
- Oversees all A/R, A/P, Payroll, company credit cards and cashflow management.
- Reviews and reconciles year end financials for CPA tax return preparations.
- Assists with vetting and managing subcontracts, contracts, developers, etc.
- Uses sound judgment in making day-to-day decisions with minimum guidance.
- Participates in special projects designed to evaluate various business activities.
- Actively works with and helps train others on Sage Contractor software.
- Provides information and analytics for Workers’ Compensation & Commercial Liability renewal and annual audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum five years of experience supervising general accounting departments
- CPA preferred
- Sage Contractor software experience & QuickBooks knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of job costing and cash projections.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, as well as knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- The ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting & forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability analysis.
- Recent experience and knowledge of A/R, A/P, Cost accounting, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Financial Statement & Reporting.
- Accounting experience in a large company environment preferably the construction industry
Knowledge Skill & Ability:
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service attitude who is passionate, focused, and driven.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching, and training.
- Leads a culture of innovation and change.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while meeting goals with strong problem-solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 40 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.