Mark Tanner Construction, Inc. has an immediate need for an Accounting Technician. As an Accounting Technician under the direction of the Assistant Controller, the position will assist with a variety of accounting duties. Duties may include but are not limited to all aspects of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Management, Asset Tracking and Insurance Tracking. This position will also be required to ensure company accounting procedures are implemented and followed.
The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of standard GAAP accounting principles and practices. The Accounting Technician will also bring excellent people skills, general business acumen and a desire for learning.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Below is a list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities to include, but are not limited to the daily activities for this position.
- Accounts Payable Duties, to include the following items:
- Enter daily payables
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Vendor management, including tracking certifications of insurance and W-9 information
- Manage the collection of receipts for the company’s corporate credit card and fuel cards
- Accounts Receivable Duties, to include the following items:
- Create invoices for customers
- Monitor the A/R Aging and perform collections, as needed
- Other Duties, to include the following items:
- Maintain the current list of vehicles to include the tracking and completion of annual registration with the Department of Motor Vehicles for CA and NV
- Review, approve and post monthly inventory to the general ledger
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Accounting or related discipline highly desired
OR demonstrated experience in accounting as directly related to the construction industry
- Two to three years of accounting experience, including accounts receivable and accounts payable administration
- Sage Contractor experience a plus
- Strong ability to use MS Office packages, including MS Word and Excel
- Construction industry experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work 40 hours a week at the Truckee office location
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately
- A passion for working with employees, clients, and vendors of the business
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology used in job functions
- Experience in developing strong team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with company data
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 30 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
- Accuracy & Detail Oriented
- Avid Learner
- Creativity & Innovation
- Customer Orientation
- Decision Making
- Diligent & Methodical
- Effective Communicator
- Efficient and Quality Driven
- Exceptional accounting & technical skills
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Planning & Organization, Process Management
- Problem Solving
- Professionalism & Discretion
- Self-Awareness & Development
- Initiative and Team Player
- Time Management & Effective Multi-tasker
- Health Insurance – 50% employee premium coverage upon eligibility and 100% after 5 years employment.
- Vision, Dental, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance plans available.
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- 24 Hours of Sick Time Leave.
This position is open until filled.